Thursday, April 17, 2014

Turkish Get-Up

 
This tray of food motivated me.
It sits on the front desk at my chiropractor's office. I was there Tuesday to celebrate the fourth birthday of the burger and fries. The Chicken Nuggets turned 3 yesterday. The oatmeal cream pie and crackers are FOURTEEN YEARS OLD! Foods like these are so unhealthy but my family and I eat them on occasion as a "treat" or just because they are so convenient. After seeing that tray, I don't think I can ever drive through a fast-food restaurant in good conscience again. Those foods are not treats. They are killing us. I am determined to make a change for myself and for my family and I invite you to do it with me. I signed up for really fun online health & wellness game called the Whole Life Challenge coming up in May. I also created a Carport CrossFit team that everyone is welcome to join! If you want to lose weight or just get healthier, get registered now!
 
Here is the link to join the Carport CrossFit WLC team:
http://www.whole.lc/wlcsummer14/pt/carportcrossfit

15 minutes to establish 1-rep max Turkish get-up on both sides (barbell or KB okay)

Then
 
2 x 5min AMRAPs. Rest 1 min between AMRAPs.
800M run
ME Kettlebell swings. 1.5/1
 
Post loads, rounds, and reps to comments.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say, the Turkish get-up may be the most random exercise I've ever done in my life and was really hilarious at first, but I really liked it! Oh, and Bill and Sandy once again- so impressive!!! Thanks team 5:30am! ;)

bill said...

Thanks Lindsay..we were impressed the way you and EA took off on those 800s! Shane would have loved running with you all...he only saw us when he lapped us.
40 lbs turkgitup - 38 reps at 1.5 pood kbs. First time we've run in the daylight in months.

Sandy said...

So true, Lindsay! I know Crossfit is big on functional fitness, so I have been trying to imagine how or when I would ever "get up" like this! And Bill is right - you girls set a mean pace!! Impressive!!
26 lbs. get-ups; and 27 reps with 1 pood.

Carport Crossfit said...

Tomorrow's WOD is

In front of a clock set for 12 minutes perform as many reps as possible
1 minute box jumps 24/20
1 minute HSPU
2 minutes box jumps, 24/20
2 minutes HSPU
3 minutes box jumps, 24/20
3 minutes HSPU

Cash out: 3 minutes max reps sit-ups

Judy Ranelli said...

20# Turkish get-up, 30 reps rx.